Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WIWW {what i wore wednesdays}

Generally speaking, I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl. Don't get me wrong...I love a good dress {especially the kind that you can twirl in}, but at the same time if you put a dress next to my jeans in the morning...it's pretty obvious where I'm going to go.

So, I thought it was about time to mix it up a bit. My friend over at The Chipper Chickie does something called WIWW {aka what i wore wednesdays} and I'm jumping on the wagon. My reasons for throwing this into the mix are simple:
  • I have some really cute clothes that live in my closet that I should seriously pay more attention to.
  • I've noticed that everytime I do laundry I'm washing the same things over and over again.
  • My happy little legs rarely see the light of day from October to February {I know this is seasonal...but once Fall sets in...they normally don't come back out until Spring!}
  • Just because a few things work together sometimes, doesn't mean that I shouldn't let them mix and mingle with different outfits. {it could be awesome...it could be really bad, but how will I know if I never try it?}
  • It's something I know I'll enjoy and have fun with if I make myself do it!

Well, that's reason enough for me! Here we go!


everything from today is something that I already had, but have never tried together:
make-up is normal {yes...that is an everyday thing for me...since junior high}
hair is curled {this may seem like nothing...but it's kind of rare thing these days}
jewelry {earrings...Cammi Stanley originals made from vintage beads...if you're interested, I work with her and she makes beautiful little treasures; bracelet...a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law)
boots {colin stuart @ victoria secret}
shirt and sweater {old navy}
skirt {le chateau...and yes...it's covered in sequins and sparkles like crazy in the light!}
belt {holidays fashion}

It was a bit chilly today, so I threw a coat and a scarf on top for good measure...



scarf {wal-mart}
coat {urban outfitters}

I'm kind of excited to go exploring in the abyss of my closet for something fun for next week {or tomorrow}. It's really fun to find things that you've had for years and have completely overlooked. I think you should all go digging in your closet for treasures and see what you come up with. If you find something awesome...I'd love to hear about it! And...I think if you have something that you love in there...that you never wear...you should rock it out tomorrow and have some fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment