Wednesday, December 22, 2010

DIY: Fantasy Fudge

I would like to start by saying that I'm pretty sure that my Mom might make the best fudge in the world...strike that...universe! {I know that this might seem like a pretty serious claim...but if you're doubting me...you haven't tasted her fudge!}

The secret...KRAFT JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme...and the Fantasy Fudge Recipe on the back of it! All I can say is that KRAFT got it right and if you haven't tried to make this...you need to go and pick up some KRAFT JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme and give it a whirl.

I'll admit...I'm pretty picky about the brands of things I use for this specific recipe...so you might notice that it's not word for word the recipe from the link above...pretty close though...and I think you'll
love it!


Fantasy Fudge {just like Mom's}
What you'll need:
3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter {I use Country Crock}
1 small can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
12 ounces Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 jar (7 ounces JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts {optional...I never add these}

Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside. Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in large heavy saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 min. or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and marshmallow creme. Stir until completely melted. Add vanilla {and walnuts if you'd like} and Mix well. Pour immediately into prepared pan; spread to form even layer in pan. Let stand at room temperature
4 hours or until completely cooled. Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature. You're done!

This recipe tends to get so many compliments! It's such a melt in your mouth, super sweet, little piece of heaven! {and one of my favorite holiday treats} I still think my Mom makes it better than I do...but each year I'd like to think I get a little bit better at it. {with the ultimate goal making it as good as she does}

If you're a chocolate lover...or know someone who is...try it out!

Thank you KRAFT for your JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme and for Fantasy Fudge! It's become a tradition in our home and truly adds a little something extra to holiday festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment