Thursday, December 9, 2010

DIY: Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

So...last night my husband came home from work and asked me if the cinnamon apple ornaments that I made a few days ago were edible {there are still a few of the larger ones curing on a cookie sheet in our kitchen}...and when I told him that they weren't...he looked pretty disappointed. With this...I realized that there is a serious lack of sweets in our house considering what season we're in. {we're two weeks into December...and there has not been a single cookie in this house...epic!}

So...I decided this morning that the man deserves some cookies. {and...maybe I do too...I mean, 'tis the season!} And...since I shared my favorite gift in a jar with you already this month {which also happens to be one of our favorite cookies to make}...I'm sharing another one of our favorites...aka the easiest peanut butter cookie you might ever make! Queue visual...Mmmmmm.......


{is your mouth watering?...awesome!...you're about 5 ingredients and fifteen minutes away from these delicious little pieces of heaven...so let's get started!}

What you'll need:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter chips {I use Reese's}

Preheat your oven to 350°. Mix all of your ingredients together in a medium size bowl until you have a consistent dough. Spoon cookie dough on a large cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before moving them to plates or a wire rack. Recipe makes about 1 dozen cookies. {depending on the size you make them}

How simple and delicious is that? You should try making them the next time you have a sweet tooth! Hope that you have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment